The Perfect eMail design checklist
I’m often asked to help with a “perfect” email template. Although every job and design is different here is a simple checklist that we use when we put a job into the Kaleidoscope studio.
1. Start your email campaign with the subject line.
Ask What’s-in-it-for-me? on behalf of the viewer.
2. Find a sticky-relevant picture.
The right picture increases understanding of your concept by up to 120%!
3. Repeat the subject line in the header of the email.
Place at the top left-hand side of the email, or immediately under the sticky picture. NB Remember, your headline should be a simple, one-thought message of engagement. No more.
4. Write 1-3 short paragraphs of support wording, and place below the screen fold line.
5. Always have a call to action button above the fold.
Tell the viewer exactly what you want to happen next. Note: colour of button – people are clicking on yellow buttons.
6. Stay legal
e.g. “This e-mail is sent to you courtesy of the xxx company, www.xxxx.co.za. If you have received this in error, we apologise. Please unsubscribe.”
(Note it should be a working unsubscribe link).
7. AND of course: mail to the right database.
Director of Kaleidoscope NeuroMarketing for Email Marketing & Website Design
“One small POSITIVE THOUGHT in the morning, can change the entire outcome of your day.”